What was the business issue?
A technology company wanted to explore entry into a new marketplace which would require substantial investment. Initial quantitative concept testing among target consumers indicated interest in and enthusiasm for the concept.
How did M&ES help?
A series of in-depth interviews with individuals and couples was conducted to explore these proposed concepts. This program of research:
- Explored initial response to unbranded concepts
- Examined the overlay of price with an eye toward laying the foundation for price elasticity research
- Uncovered key points of confusion, concern and questions arising from the concepts
- Identified barriers to adoption
- Explored consumer response to the “brand reveal”
With the greater depth and understanding allowed by qualitative research, respondents voiced numerous significant barriers to adoption and the client chose not to move forward with the initiative.
How can we help your organization? Let’s find out!