What was the business issue?
A content distributor sought to develop a new Video On Demand service for its customers.
How did M&ES help?
M&ES conducted an eight-month program of research from concept development through to prototype usability.
- Concept exploration: Evaluated the core concept with current and prospective subscribers
- Determined overall appeal and likely barriers to adoption
- Uncovered key consumer questions and areas of confusion to be addressed by marketing
- Interface navigation: Conducted usability sessions to determine the prototype’s intuitiveness
- Tested key VOD features and functionality
- Identified multiple opportunities to enhance the user experience (design, organization, graphics, etc.)
- Product installation: Examined the product installation process
- Determined the optimal instructional flow and messaging (on-screen) to support the user through product installation
The program of research had significant impact on the development of the service and its user interface.
How can we help your organization? Let’s find out!