What was the business issue?
A major toy manufacturer needed to address consumer confusion regarding the unique benefits and features of a variety of product lines that existed under a single brand.
How did M&ES help?
M&ES conducted two phases of research to help the client develop a packaging strategy that was clear, consistent and engaging.
- Current packaging exploration:
- Identified the specific issues and problems with the current product line packaging
- Explored the key benefits and features that packaging had to communicate
- Determined opportunities to differentiate the overarching brand from competitive products
- New packaging concepts evaluation:
- Explored reactions to the new packaging concepts (developed after the initial phase of research)
- Confirmed the increased appeal and clarity of the new concepts, compared to the current packaging
- Identified opportunities to further enhance specific packaging elements for each product line
The packaging for all product lines underwent a significant redesign, driven by the learnings from this program of research.
How can we help your organization? Let’s find out!