What are panels and diaries?
- Longer-term projects with fieldwork spanning days, weeks, and occasionally months
- Participants provide feedback frequently during this period using an online platform (itracks)
- Feedback can be provided in a shared or private space
- Studies often have larger sample sizes: 20+ is not unusual
What do panels and diaries tell me?
- How do consumers use my product in the real world?
- What role does my product play in their lives?
- How could my product better serve my target audience’s needs?
What else should I know?
- Questions can be posed in the form of text, audio and video
- Participants can upload video files or screenshots where relevant
- Clients have full observer access to the panel throughout the fieldwork period
- Focus groups are often conducted at the close of these projects