What are usability labs?
- One-on-one (occasionally paired) moderated sessions
- During the lab, participants interact with a digital product or service
- Between six and eight conducted per day (total sample sizes vary enormously, from eight to 60 sessions)
- Sessions typically last 30-60 minutes
What do usability labs tell me?
- Can consumers use my product?
- How can I improve the user experience?
- What can I learn from competitive UIs?
What else should I know?
- Sessions are recorded and streamed using Interactive Video’s picture-in-picture protocol (eye tracking is available, if required)
- Projects are conducted across the US and in international markets
- RapidLabs are a more cost- and time-efficient option (they are conducted in-person, but client flexibility is required regarding markets and dates)
- Online usability labs are conducted via a live, interactive video link (ideal for hard-to-reach, or national, samples)